Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Relay for Life

Friday was Relay and the night went great all of us put in a lot of hard work and to see how the night unfolded was an awesome experience for me. I have to say how proud of Summer and Michelle I am, they were the driving force behind Relay for Life this year. They had a lot obstacles to overcome this year being the new kids on the Relay block but they handled everything with grace and style no matter how hectic things got. YOU GUYS ROCK!! Together we raised 30,000.00 for the American Cancer Society!
Fiday night was also my birthday and I couldn't have asked for a better party .... We had illusionist Joel Meyers perform and he did a great job! I kept telling them I wanted cake, presents and singing for my birthday - well they listened and had me hauled on stage with Joel Meyers to sing me Happy Birthday. Do I have great friends or what??!! Here's the video they took!



I wasn't the only one brought up on stage with Joel check out Michelle's blog to see Melissa holding Joel's blue balls. Honest she really did it was great!

The night was a great success but there was still something missing ... our guys! I know they are proud of all the hard work we put into Relay but I really wish they could have been there to see what we accomplished this year!

2 comments:

My Two Army Brats said...

Sorry no cake or presents and that I didn't even turn on the part of my brain that said "relay is Brandy's birthday" until later. I was running around like a crazy woman and you know that so I'm pretty sure you are okay with the impromptu Birthday with Joel Meyers!

Burgh Baby said...

I am SOOO impressed you did Relay for Life. Way to go!