Tuesday, November 18, 2008

WW - Schloss Neuschwanstein



I finally found the box that had my external hard drive in it which had my pictures from our time in Germany be prepared I am sure I will be sharing lots more of my pictures. I will start with one of my favorite vacations we took while we were there. Schloss Neuschwanstein most people know this as the Cinderella Castle this was Walt Disney's inspiration for both The Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disney Land and The Cinderella Castle at Disney World. We werent allowed to take pictures inside so I took tons of pictures of the outside but its such a beautiful place. We had to walk up a steep mountainside to get to the castle we however opted to pay for a horse buggy ride to the top which still took 10 minutes. Once inside we walked up 100 stairs during the tour, there were only 10 rooms of this castle open to the public to view and as big as it is it still isnt finished and only 14 rooms total are decorated.

Wordful Wednesday is brought to you by

18 comments:

Krazy Armstrong K's! said...

WOW, that is SO pretty, I would love to go see that!

Lacey in the Sky said...

Beautiful pic!!

Unknown said...

Awesome photo. My son is going to be a foreign exchange student in Germany next year so hopefully he'll see places like this.

Live.Love.Eat said...

Wow, I'd never heard of this place. Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!

Claremont First Ward said...

I'm so glad you were able to "find" these photos and they you chose to post them. I've always wanted to see this castle in person!

Lorina said...

Wow.. that is gorgeous! I wanted to go to Europe sometime and experience something great like this.

Shauna said...

I ♥ it :)

tiarastantrums said...

stunning- love Germany!!!!!!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

oh wow, it looks beautiful!

hippos toes said...

Gorgeous!!

Mandy said...

This is lovely! I need to get out and travel more.

Susie said...

That is breathtaking!! I love castles:-)

MommaSuds said...

I have always loved castles. That is one of the few reasons I want to go to Europe. Beautiful pic Brandy. Bout time on "finding things in the garage" haha

Anonymous said...

I was there in 1999 I believe. So very beautiful. A picture doesn't do it justice. :)

The Muse said...

Having been stationed in Germany...I know the beauty, and you have captured it well!

jenn said...

Wow! That's so beautiful.

Wendelyn DeMoss said...

Hi and thank you for visiting my place today. I have been to Europe twice and dream of returning. That is an amazing castle. I look forward to your posts with your pictures from Germany. It's a good way to learn more about these unique places in the world. What I love most about Europe is the architecture and how it is so preserved. The US is so young, we just don't have the same buildings.
Thanks for sharing!

Damama T said...

I think that the very best part of being an "army brat" would be getting to go places that most kids will never have a chance to see except in pictures. How wonderful that you took such beautiful pictures to share with the all of us unlucky civilian brats.